<fade up on room with some phone operators in it in blue shirts, sign on wall says '3 guys off the wagon moving'. phone rings, an operator answers it>
3GOTW Operator: Hello sir, how may we help you at 3 Guys off the Wagon moving company?
Caller: Yes. Yes I have a complaint
3GOTW Operator: I'm very sorry to hear that sir. Hold please
Caller: I/ok
3GOTW Operator: OK. Sir can you give us some more information?
Caller: yes, 3 of your guys showed up and/
3GOTW Operator: They showed up! That's great.
Caller: yes but they were stumbling around. They seemed disorientated. They dropped some things.
3GOTW Operator: sorry to hear that
Caller: they didnt listen. they slurred their words. They were.. well they didn't seem OK
3GOTW Operator: how so
Caller: well .. to be honest I smelt booze
3GOTW Operator: what kind of booze
Caller: excuse me?
3GOTW Operator: when i go off the wagon I like to go in deep, quick. I choose something hard like Gin!
Caller: I'm sorry? WHAT? You admit they were drunk
3GOTW Operator: Sir are you ready for the punchline? We all know the punchline
Caller: Are you trying to tell me that 3 Guys off the Wagon is a moving company full of drunk people who just fell off of efforts to stay sober?
3GOTW Operator: absolutely not
Caller: ok. good
3GOTW Operator: you just told youself! Look I gotta go work on the next skit will I see you there?
Caller: WTF! Yea fine. ok <hangs up>
<fade out. then fade back up on same room, the operators are changing shirts into red shirts, one of them puts sign on the wall over the other sign and it says "tea totallers." phone rings, an operator answers it>
TT Operator: Hello, Tea Totallers headquarters.
Caller: Hello. I have a complaint to file!
TT Operator: I am so sorry. Sir what is the nature of your complaint
Caller: Well, I last week had my shipment of tea, after you guys did your thing and I turned it in, and today I got feedback. EVERY TOTAL WAS WRONG
TT Operator: very sorry to hear sir
Caller: Earl Gray: off by 1,087. Green: Off by over 3000. Lemon: waaay off! And there's more
TT Operator: well, very sorry. was this last week.. last Tueaday? St Patricks day? when you had us total?
Caller: yes actually
TT Operator: oh. well our tea totallers were all hammered I bet
Caller: what?!?! but. um, your company is called tea totallers.
TT Operator: we may be tea totallers but we arent tea totallers
Caller: that .. hey you know what, the first skit was better
TT Operator: beg your pardon?
Caller: the 3 guys off the wagon being off the wagon. it was better this one is kind of archaic.
TT Operator: this one has the added irony of. with the thing not being the same
Caller: yea but it's dumb. I'm going to call into another sketch comedy show. goodbye.
TT Operator: sir, in our defense neither joke is funny. sir? hello? sir?
another TT Operator: what's the joke to wrap this all up. the punchline
TT Operator: i dont think we have one.
another TT Operator: well then. let's just go home
<they all leave as the monty python music plays>
TT Operator <from offstage> that's not funny either, you can't just tie this in to Monty Python ..they were funny!
voice: shut up!
No comments:
Post a Comment