Scene opens on a meeting room with the Boss, Bill, and Susan. Sam walks in and sits down
Boss: ok so.. where is.. oh there he is
Sam: Hello!
Boss: nice of you to show up for this meeting!
Sam: well it's on my calendar
Boss: where were you all morning? All week in the morning.
Bill: All week in the afternoon too!
Sam: it's my new core policy. workin the core!
Bill: what does cross training have to do with this
Sam: well, time at the gym is good for my quads. my lats. my glutes! the guns! it's not all about cardio my friend
Boss: what you've been at the gym for 30 hours a week????
Sam: not just the gym. shopping. drinking. house work. you know, bills. and the what not
Boss: you cant do that! you have a job to do
Sam: well.. at work.. the only time anyone schedules a meeting, it's in the 11am-1pm window
Susan: i know!
Sam: it wrecks my former lunch break. or if it's not a meeting its a phone call, right as I was mid bite into a delicious pastrami and swiss cheese classic
Susan: those are the worst moments
Sam: or, someone just stops at my desk right? hey.. look at me.. I am so important that you dont need to eat!
Bill: true. it blows
Boss: we have to schedule when we can Sam
Sam: well.. I realized if thats the ONLY time of day that anyone notices me or wants me or communicates with me.. THOSE ARE MY WORKING HOURS. The core.
Boss: that's absurd
Sam: puttin in my 120m! oh yea
Susan: oh yea!
Sam: the double desk duece! the two-fer!
Bill: yes!
Sam: the back to back 60. stereo hours. yin and yang
Boss: Sam!
Sam: representing at the peak. the summit of the day.. planting my effort flag then.. going .. um..
-silence
Sam: Anyways I think I made my point
-later
Unemployment Office Clerk: so how did you get fired
Sam: I think I made my point.
No comments:
Post a Comment